Pop quiz as to how I feel about tonight's episode.
a) Really stoked that Mohinder and Parkman each got more airtime than HRG.
b) Truly fulfilled to see Peter screw up yet again.
c) Extremely pissed that, of all the characters who clearly won't be resurrected, it had to be Adam who literally bit the dust.
Yes, it's c), although in Sarcastic World, it's also a) and b).
Seriously, you all, I've never seen such awesome actors treated so head-scratchingly crappy by a show. David Anders, Weevil, Kristen Bell.... How can you lure such talent only to squander it? This show is like the most disappointing date ever: they cast someone incredible in the role of Hot Prospect, pump up your excitement and make you dress up and gibber with your gal pals on the phone about how great the night's gonna be. Then your date shows up, smiling with those sparkly whites, exuding promises that you'll have a time you'll never forget and ushering you to his shiny car. Everything's going pretty well when he takes you to a fine restaurant where the food's good--not as excellent as you'd hoped, but you're having a cool time so the food is incidental anyway and you keep telling yourself it's only going to get better. However, at that moment, he leaves the table, saying he'll be right back.
Five minutes pass.
Just as the words "To Be Continued" cross your mind, the waiter comes by to inform you that your date jumped out the john's window. And then, just as you're absorbing that news, the waiter, who's wearing a nametag that says "Tim," gleefully shoves the check way up your nostril and you wonder just how you came to be sitting at that empty table with sudden brain damage and a sad urge to never believe in a Hot Prospect again.
Anyway, on with the non-diatribe portion of the post:
* Did you really expect Ando to be dead? (But, hey, Adam
is. I should've known when he didn't appear on the panel at Comic-Con. However, this is non-diatribe tribe, so I continue.)
* Mrs. Bennet rocks. It takes guts to go "out there" when you know you have no prayer of matching up to superhumans.
* Adam, sucked away, taking my hopes for getting invested in at least one character this season right along with him. (But...moving on.)
* Ah, Hiro. Someday you will live up to your powers and not get bonked on the head time and again by the materialization of your ineptitude.
* Some great tension with the sideshow puppet dude. He was interesting. Favorite storyline of the night for me. (Surely you didn't think it'd be Mr. Petrelli....)
* HRG. My hopes transfer to you with the loss of a certain blonde smirking hottie baddie.
* The bro skirmish/wanker-measuring contest was fun. More, I say!
* Is it a terrible thing that I love that Peter lost his powers when he had no real idea how to use them anyway?
So I didn't watch CHUCK yet, but I'm totally excited to see some hints about Sarah's past!
What think you all about tonight's offerings?