Sunday, February 01, 2009

Casting the Book as a Movie

Fairly soon, I'll be on a really great web site called "My Book the Movie." I was asked to cast the roles for my Vampire Babylon books, and that was a surprising challenge. I suppose I work more from a "blank slate" casting process while I'm writing these books, meaning that I really didn't have anyone particular in mind when I wrote the characters (except for one, which you're going to see when the post goes live).

I don't have the date for the post yet, but I'll be telling you when I do know. Meanwhile, if you enjoy the Vampire Babylon series, you might want to think about whom *you* would've cast as Dawn, Kiko, Breisi, Frank, Jacqueline Ashley, and The Voice....

To introduce you guys to this very cool site, click on http://mybookthemovie.blogspot.com/. Right now, they're featuring BLACK MAGIC WOMAN, which I "blurbed" about a year ago. (What I mean is that I read an advanced copy and gave a pithy recommendation for publicity purposes.)

Have fun with the Superbowl today, and I'll let you guys know when that post goes live!

No comments: