Tuesday, February 17, 2009

HEROES/CHUCK 2/16/09

Those listening closely to the soundtracks of CHUCK and HEROES tonight no doubt noticed The Talking Heads on both. So how appropriate is it to say that last night's viewing = same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

In other words, CHUCK had several laugh out loud as well as heart-tugging moments and HEREOS...well, didn't.

CHUCK

* Things never turn out well with a CLOCKWORK ORANGE opening combined with voice-over instructions given by some guy who sounds like Jigsaw. Good luck, Chuck!

* Someone went to town with the blush on Lester tonight.

* "There's gotta be someone, somewhere having an even worse Valentine's Day." Cut to Casey, drinking and getting really excited to receive a mission transmission.

* OMG--Emmitt and his toupee want to get Big Mike laid! Didn't expect that. Nicely done, toupee!

* Favorite moments? The Internet Hotness Conversion Factor. Cuteness with Chuck, Sarah, and breakfast. Chuck doing the speed walk of shame down the neighborhood.

* "Charles Carmichael always comes quickly."

* "We pooched it."

* Awwww. My heart--it breaks for Chuck and Sarah. Again.

* "You're bangin' my mom?" Bwah!!!!!!!

Next week, all I ask to see is the return of Captain Awesome.

HEROES

Only a few comments, but I have to tell you that I stopped taking notes about forty minutes into it. However, I am interested to see what happens next week with an HRG centered episode....

* The dummy streak continues as Claire puts her blind trust in the anonymous "Rebel." (But I'll put my money on the idea that "Rebel" is HRG.)

* I like the interaction between this kid and Sylar; the boy seems to know how to walk a fine line with his mentor.

* I'm beginning to wonder how HRG ever caught any "heroes" with the Company. These days, he's just barely more capable than Inspector Clouseau (unless he's purposely letting underwater-breathing comic book store guys push a novel rack onto him in order to effect a grand escape. But even if HRG is Rebel and he's putting on a show of cooperation with the "bad guys," that doesn't explain his ineptitude back with Sylar in the previous volume.)

* Love the addition of Moira Kelly. Here's to hoping she doesn't get Anders-Belled in four weeks.


And there 'tis!
BTW, I'm four episodes in to SUPERNATURAL, season 2. All I can say is...daaaaaannnnng! How did it get even better than season 1 already?

4 comments:

Selena Illyria said...

Chuck, I laughed, I got teary and I adored every minute of it.

Heroes, only interesting thing was Sylar and kid, that's it.

Not much else I can say.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, Selena,
You have some great comments on your site, especially about CHUCK. I'll guess we'll just have to wait a few more weeks to see if HEROES comes around....

Celise said...

Havent't watched either episode yet. I'm in Deadline Hell right now. But I'm glad you're enjoying Supernatural. It gets WAY better. Believe me.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Celise! Good luck with those deadlines. I'm riding up on one of my own, so I feel your pain!

As for Supernatural, I'm on episode 12 of season 2. It is so kick-ass I can't even deal with it, so I've decided to watch season 3 on its tail. (I was thinking I'd go slowly and enjoy, like you do with Halloween candy, but no. No way I can do that.)