Those listening closely to the soundtracks of CHUCK and HEROES tonight no doubt noticed The Talking Heads on both. So how appropriate is it to say that last night's viewing = same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was...
In other words, CHUCK had several laugh out loud as well as heart-tugging moments and HEREOS...well, didn't.
* Things never turn out well with a CLOCKWORK ORANGE opening combined with voice-over instructions given by some guy who sounds like Jigsaw. Good luck, Chuck!
* Someone went to town with the blush on Lester tonight.
* "There's gotta be someone, somewhere having an even worse Valentine's Day." Cut to Casey, drinking and getting really excited to receive a mission transmission.
* OMG--Emmitt and his toupee want to get Big Mike laid! Didn't expect that. Nicely done, toupee!
* Favorite moments? The Internet Hotness Conversion Factor. Cuteness with Chuck, Sarah, and breakfast. Chuck doing the speed walk of shame down the neighborhood.
* "Charles Carmichael always comes quickly."
* "We pooched it."
* Awwww. My heart--it breaks for Chuck and Sarah. Again.
* "You're bangin' my mom?" Bwah!!!!!!!
Next week, all I ask to see is the return of Captain Awesome.
Only a few comments, but I have to tell you that I stopped taking notes about forty minutes into it. However, I am interested to see what happens next week with an HRG centered episode....
* The dummy streak continues as Claire puts her blind trust in the anonymous "Rebel." (But I'll put my money on the idea that "Rebel" is HRG.)
* I like the interaction between this kid and Sylar; the boy seems to know how to walk a fine line with his mentor.
* I'm beginning to wonder how HRG ever caught any "heroes" with the Company. These days, he's just barely more capable than Inspector Clouseau (unless he's purposely letting underwater-breathing comic book store guys push a novel rack onto him in order to effect a grand escape. But even if HRG is Rebel and he's putting on a show of cooperation with the "bad guys," that doesn't explain his ineptitude back with Sylar in the previous volume.)
* Love the addition of Moira Kelly. Here's to hoping she doesn't get Anders-Belled in four weeks.
And there 'tis!
BTW, I'm four episodes in to SUPERNATURAL, season 2. All I can say is...daaaaaannnnng! How did it get even better than season 1 already?