Wednesday, March 25, 2009

RITA Nomination!

I just got a phone call telling me that I've received my first RITA nomination ever! It's for my Special Edition, FALLING FOR THE LONE WOLF, the third book in my Suds Club trilogy, and it's among nine other titles in the Contemporary Series category.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the RITA, this is the romance industry's equivalent of an Oscar nomination. The ceremony takes places at the annual national RWA conference, and everyone gets dressed to the nines for a truly classy night. If you don't really read romance, the RITA list is a great entry point, as it features a lot of the cream of the crop. (I can't believe I'm on that list, LOL.) I used to read those nominees, and I've found some of my favorites through the RITA.

Cool!

(ETA: I just found out that my critique partner, Judy Duarte, also made the finals with her inspirational MULBERRY PARK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great day. To see the list, you can go to:
http://www.rwanational.org/cs/contests_and_awards/2009_rita_and_gh_finalists_announcement#RCSR)

2 comments:

Sheri WhiteFeather/Cherie Feather said...

Congrats again!! I posted a celebratory note on my blog, too.

Hugs!

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Sheree, thank you!!! You know you're an integral part of these books. : )

And, just so you all know, "Cherie"'s new book, SUBMISSION, is on the shelves. It's so damned good that I'm going to give away a copy soon because everyone should read it!!!