Monday, July 20, 2009

Back!

Hey, guys--sorry about the time lag between posts. I got caught up in conference fevor and "lost some time" while preparing and then attending the RWA National Conference in Washington, D.C. The site will be updated really soon, and the winner of the last contest will be announced, so tune into your emails to see if you're the winner! I'll be posting a new contest with the giveaway prizes being one of those supercool Neko Press prints, plus the entire signed Vampire Babylon trilogy....

The conference was great, and it was definitely a different experience attending as a RITA nominee. I lost in the Best Contemporary Series to Karen Templeton, but how can I be huffy about that? She's a great writer and she's a fellow Special Edition author, so congratulations to her!

There were lots of receptions (including one that presented us with a whole line up of incredible "fat free" cupcakes. I don't know if I believe the fat free part, but my tummy sure couldn't tell the difference.). Lots of signings. Lots of meeting people: the fab Samantha Hunter, who writes Blazes, too. Erin Quinn, who has a fantasy book coming out in August that I'm dying to read. Kasey Mackenzie, whose first book from Ace will be released next August; the series focuses on Furies, and I'm excited about her stories, too! And there were many, many more of you, and I look forward to seeing you again and keeping in contact.

Conferences rock.

2 comments:

Kasey Mackenzie said...

I had an absolute BLAST hanging out with you and definitely want to keep in touch!!!

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Me, too, Kasey!!! Hey, I saw your lovely editor at Comic-Con today at the Penguin booth. We talked about you. : ) It was all good, so don't worry!