Thursday, July 23, 2009

Comic-Con, Day One

First, I have to tell you that Steph Kwan posed some great questions about Vampire Babylon, and I answered in an interview she conducted with me! Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bookaholics_Romance_Book_Club/ to read about Dawn, the series itself, and what might be happening with the Whisper and the dragon....

Did I neglect to mention I'm at Comic-Con right now? I don't attend as many "big" panels any more because the crowds don't allow it. Lines are too long. Ah, the good old days when I used to be able to cruise into the big halls and see the stars. But I still go to comics panels, as I did today. I attended one about Motion Comics, which is just what it sounds like. Comics, such as Batman: Black and White, Superman: Red Son, Batgirl: Year One, and Watchmen have been turned into a form that isn't quite animation...it's more like images from the panels have been put to music and dialogue and the visuals come to life. Very, very cool--art in action. You can see them on iTunes. Paul Dini and Dave Gibbons were among the speakers, and it's always a pleasure to hear them.

I also attended a talk that included my friends Vicki Pettersson and S.J. Day; it was about protagonists who are anti-heroes, a subject close to my own heart, what, with Dawn crossing more and more moral lines in the Vampire Babylon books. If you haven't either author, I recommend them!

Lastly, I had a signing at the Mysterious Galaxy booth (1119, for those of you who are at the Con.). If you visited me and you're reading this, thank you so much! I'll be speaking on a panel at 1:30 on Saturday, then signing afterward. (The subject is "Bram Stoker: The Joss Whedon of His Day"? Dacre Stoker, who wrote the upcoming authorized sequel to DRACULA, will be there. Yes, I am intimidated, so I doubt I'll be offering much in the area of Bram since there are far better authorities on hand, LOL. Joss Whedon, however...him I can talk about!)

Tomorrow is a TV day, but it all depends who I run into at the Con. I have 24, CAPRICA, and DOLLHOUSE on my schedule. Sunday, I'm hoping to get into the SUPERNATURAL room, so cross your fingers for me!

1 comment:

Selena Illyria said...

Have fun! I hope you get into the panel! *crosses fingers for C* :-)