And we’re off and running with the apocalypse!
* Here’s one of those useless questions. Which series has more hospital scenes: SUPERNATURAL or SMALLVILLE?
* “Enough foreplay,” says Cranky Bobby as Castiel and Dean chat. Fanfic boards are buzzing with glee.
* What? Dean’s constant necklace is God radar? Who knew?
* Dean: “Now I feel naked.” Legion of Deangirls: “I wish.”
* Ellen! With the hunters coming together, doesn’t it feel like the glorious days of season 2?
* I was going to crawl into the TV to kick Sam’s butt if he drank that stanky blood.
* Roger with the glasses is way too inept with a shotgun and I recognize the actor from, among other things, DEADWOOD. He’s totally a bad guy. (re: The TV Axiom of Recognizable Character Actors Figuring Heavily into the Climax…and It’s Usually as the Villain of the Week)
* I feel for Sam, but I think Dean has every right not to trust him.
* Sam is tied up again. Methinks some show writers have been peeking into my diary.
* So, for some reason, the black-eyed people are good and the others are bad. I can’t wait for this explanation. Seriously. It’s a fun twist.
* Wormwood! That reminds me: If you haven’t read that collection of short stories by Poppie Z. Brite, go thee out and get it. She’s incredible.
* Points to Dean for the brain work. Whoo, Smart Dean!
* Yup—the TV Axiom in action.
* I’m going to love seeing Rufus and Bobby together. It’ll be the cranky Olympics.
* I like this episode, mostly because it reminded me of THE STAND, which is one of my favorite books.
* No way—even though Sam has a lot to make up for, I can’t believe Dean let him go. It was so sad watching Sammy walk off like a sad little (big) puppy.
* But without Sam, it’s going to be the Dean and Castiel show… That makes me extra sad for some reason.
Next week—same apocalyptic time, same apocalyptic station!