Thursday, October 01, 2009

Supernatural, 10/1/09

I just watched Sam die in season 2 during a DVD marathon, so I’m a bit verklempt. Remember when Dean gave up his soul for Sam? Oh, the days.

* In the recap—wow. We’re going all the way back to the Croatoan episode? Please tell me tonight will include the Meg demon.

* And there’s the Croatoan reference, but it’s in a 28 DAYS LATER nightmare scape.

* As I said, I was watching the end of season 2. I'm having a marathon with my mom, whom I’m indoctrinating into SUPERNATURAL fandom, so, tonight, when Dean wakes up in a post-apocalyptic world, I think of the Jinn episode. Remember that one, where there’s a crazy alternate reality for Dean going on? Oooo, do you also remember the other alternate reality eppie from last year when there was the Dean-as-yuppie-office-drone/Sam-as-loser-techie hunter effect? I can’t take these dream sequences at face value, so I'm wondering what triggered this alternate reality??? (Zachariah again? He makes me wonder if the angels live like Dr. Manhattan in WATCHMEN: experiencing past, present, and future all at once. Whatever the case, he’s a manipulative son of a...whatever he's the son of.)

* Future Dean meets Present Dean?

* LOL—Future Dean’s grown in some ways (leadership), but he’s still a slut.

* Castiel is Baltar. It’d be interesting to see his journey from stiff scardy cat who almost wet his pants in the brothel last week to orgy enthusiast.

* LOL for Chuck’s advice to hoard toilet paper.

* Okay, so Castiel is on drugs, which led to his change. I guess he’s like me when I drink rum and coke on a plane flight so I don’t give a crap about turbulence.

* I’ve got to see ZOMBIELAND.

* We're definitely dealing with a Milton-eseque Lucifer. Jared Padalecki’s doing a good job of making him come off as heartbroken and innocent yet intolerant and jealous. And he looks like he’s a vampire with that pale skin.

* I like how Zachariah just appears and is like, “Hey, I’m back. Made my point. Later, Dean.”

* No Meg in this episode. Oh, well. I kind of liked that actress they used for the Meg demon this year, but maybe we'll see her in the near future.

* Thank goodness they didn’t keep Sam and Dean apart for long! But it looks like we'll have to pay for this boon by enduring Paris Hilton next week.

See ya then!

2 comments:

Selena Illyria said...

Something about Sam dreaming about Lucifer bothered me. How can he find Sam, even in dream form?

And all this poof tot he alternate reality is really bothering me. So what are they going to do, send him to the corn field, I mean nuverse and then bring him back so they can get their desired end result?

I don't think we can trust any of the alternative realities that have been presented anymore, too manipulative to me.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Selena, I agree--I especially don't trust Zach! Good points all around. :)