Thursday, November 12, 2009

Supernatural, 11/12/09

As most of you know, I like Comic-Con. My Con reports, which have shrunk in size from year to year, will support that. : ) So you won’t be surprised that this episode tickled me happy.

* Return of Inappropriately Gropey Fangirl! Sam might want to wear pec shields to this con.

* What kind of person would dress up like Ash?

* OMG—“the homoerotic subtext of Supernatural.” The writers totally visit the TelevisionWithoutPity.com forum boards, don't they?

* Love the guy who imitated a gritty Winchester voice.

* I’m embarrassed to admit this, but I’d be so into the live action role playing. Yup.

* Fangirl wants some Sammy-pec.

* Graveyard alert! I think might like those even more than going to conventions. But it’s a close race.

* Considering Sam’s recent track record, I’m surprised the ghost woman didn’t try to smack him in the nuts instead of the face.

* German Hook Man is hilarious. (sigh)

* LOL for the Bionic Man Chuck sound effects!

* “Like a monkey on the sun, it was too hot to live.” One of my favorite Supernatural lines of dialogue EVER.

* Hah! Fangirl will be the Colt’s savior. At Comic-Con, Kripke said the gun would be making a comeback.

So will next week mark the full-on return of the apocalypse? (BTW, my mom loves Castiel. Good taste, that woman! I missed our scruffy, confused angel this week.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Crystal-Rain Love said...

It was a GREAT episode and I was happy to get a good old-fashioned ghost-hunting episode. I like the demon/angel/apocolypse arc of course but we were due for a break from it.
I love when they make fun of the fandom. It's so obvious they are trolling all the forums and fansites.
That's part of what make sthe show so great. The writers pay attention to the fans and involve them.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Crystal Green's Blog said...

Yes, I miss the ghosts, too! It was fun to see those iron pokers in action again. (Winchester brothers. Iron pokers. I am dying.)

They have the whole "I kid the fans because I love" philosophy down, don't they? :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Selena Illyria said...

I LOVED this episode. So much Supe goodness and fan love.

During the episode I was wondering why no one dressed up as Cas then they cleared that up, lol

I can't wait for next week's episode. Yay, for the colt return.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Crystal Green's Blog said...

Selena, I'm pretty darn excited about the Colt, too. I've missed that little troublemaker!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Mardel said...

How did you see Supernatural? I was already to sit down and watch it (thinking to myself to hell with the rest of the family and what they want to see) when I put the channel on-----football highlights. Then the next show was Vampire Diaries....I'm not really into that one, because it's way too emp/angst teenager for me (an emo-angsty menopausal woman).

Yet another episode missed. :(

10:01 PM  
Blogger Crystal Green's Blog said...

Mardel, how strange. The airing wasn't interrupted in my area. Sounds like your local station might've blown it. Grrrr.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Mardel said...

Hells ya, they blew it. for a football game, then decided to play Vampire Diaries instead of Supernatural. The Dorks.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Celise said...

Finally watched this eppie and LOVED IT!! The hubby and I got a kick out of the "Winchester Voices" they used. Which is funny, because when you actually listen to them, they really do sound like that! LOL. Okay, and yow! Scary ass kids! At first, I was thinking, this woman must've been a strict bitch. Turns out it wasn't like that at all. Loved the scene where the "inn keeper" was all, "Yes, Agents McCarthy and Lennon. This hotel is really haunted". The hubby's all, "Okay, they're a little more subtle than that."

I think that's the best part of the show sometimes; when they pretend to be FBI agents and whip out the badges, I always look forward to hearing what names they're gonna use. LOL.

At the end, when Fangirl was trying to let Sam down easy, cracked. Me. Up. Man, is he hot. I LOVE JARED PADALECKI.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Crystal Green's Blog said...

LOL, Celise! I love the FBI charades a lot, too.

And the hotness...it is almost overwhelming. :)

Wait until you see the latest eppie! : (

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home