Holy crap, what a great, great episode. It felt like it belonged in season 2, which is my favorite season, but it also had the benefit of my knowing these characters in a deeper way than I did then. I choked up. Didn’t you?
The bad news is that the next new episode is 2 months away. Did I read that correctly? January 21???
No. : (
On with the virtual water cooler talk…
* LOL for Castiel’s low comfort level with the hip surveillance speak.
* Awesome for using Jo and Ellen and the Colt again, baby! This series has such great continuity. It’s really a fan’s dream.
* “I’m in sales, damn it!”
* Castiel, the Master of Tequila. Who’ll take advantage of our poor drunken angel first when the alcohol hits—Jo or Ellen? (If this was HBO or FX, it’d be both.)
* Aww, I really like this “maybe it’s the hunters’ last night on earth” scene. The black and white photo really conjures one of those old-time outlaw pictures. You just know it’s going to be used poignantly by the end of the eppie.
* Castiel just keeps getting funner. (And, by the end of the hour, we will have needed the humor….)
* Hellhounds. Why’d it have to be hellhounds.
* Oh, god. Choke-up time. In one of the series’ best scenes ever, Jo goes out like the hunter and grown-up she always wanted everyone to see her as. Ellen once again proves that awesome comes in a tough-talking roadhouse mother of a package. A Supernatural salute to the gals.
* Useless Colt.
* Useful Castiel!
* And, yes, we come to the poignant final view of the outlaw picture while I fight tears. My mom said, “Dean loved Jo.” But I’m not sure. I think maybe Dean is wishing he could’ve loved Jo while the photo burns….
I’m thrilled that the episodes just keep building on what’s come before, and they’re matching if not topping previous installments. I’m absolutely confident that this show—and the boys—will go out on top.
Now excuse me while I cry--this time because I have to wait two damned months for more!