I think these Trickster episodes are some of my favorites. Remember the tall tales one? And of course “Mystery Spot” for sure. Vive le Trickster! (Okay, so I don't do French.)
* OMG for the dorky opening sitcom credits. Dyin’ here.
* The GREY’S ANATOMY spoof? I cannot wait until Dean and Sam become Doctors McUberHorndog and McAnalRetentive.
* I am already begging to Dean or Sam as the Incredible Hulk. Which TV program would you like to see in this eppie tonight? I’m putting my votes in for BAYWATCH and GLEE right now.
* I love how they have the GREY’S hallmarks down, like repeating words and phrases over and over again. You’re afraid. You’re afraid to operate again. And you’re afraid to love.” (One real-GREY’s example that comes to mind is when Lexie visited McSteamy and asked him to make lurv to her. “Teach me.” “Teach me.” “Teach me.” Oh, that was so barfy.). And the playful, fluffy estrogen music. And the ghost. Gah, the ghost.
* Dean’s reaction to Dr. Shepherd…er, Dr. Sexy. BoyCrush.
* Nutcracker! The sad thing is that I can totally imagine this game on a Japanese show.
* This is the season for Sam getting nailed in the nads, isn’t it?
* I am rolling. The genital herpes ad? Brillllllliant.
* Spot on CSI/procedurals, with the dramatic taking off of sunglasses, catchphrases, and even a Kojak lollypop. There’s probably a certain “no-talent douchebag” who’s squirming if he’s watching Sam and Dean imitate him.
* No way. KNIGHTRIDER is the best of all. I bow to the Kripke.
* I love how they tied this seemingly stand-alone episode into the mythology, just as they’ve done a couple of times this season. Everything’s coming together in this last season…. : (
Isn’t it funny how the “stay tuned” tag shows the much younger Sam and Dean? Such babies!
I can’t wait to see the Con Sams and Deans next week… See you then, too!