Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Chuck Me!

I'm not sure I'll be able to do CHUCK recaps this time out, but that doesn't mean I won't tell you how very happy I am to have this series back.

I haven't seen last night's eppie yet, but Sunday's installments gave me that "Oh, get over here, you--I really missed ya!" feeling. Everything seemed familiar, yet a bit different. I like how they worked in Chuck's new powers--they didn't overdo it. And I like how Sarah must now protect the world from Chuck rather than the other way around. And who's this Shaw person? He intrigues me.

Can't wait for Brandon Routh (yow) to show up. (Is he Shaw?) I can't say I have the same enthusiasm for Lana Lang, but oh well.

I want to hug CHUCK.

Meanwhile, I've been Tweeting about my reading glut. Last weekend, during a couple of days that I sort-of took off, I finished a few books. DEAD UNTIL DARK, the first Sookie Stackhouse book, which I loved. (Awesome voice and characters and setting.) DARKLY DREAMING DEXTER. (Ditto the voice. Dexter is funny on the Showtime series, but he is *hilarious* in the books.) And a "writing craft" book called WRITERS WORKSHOP OF HORROR, edited by Michael Knost. It's a book that goes beyond just horror writing and is helpful in all genres. And it's highly entertaining.

I'm waiting for my RITA romance contest books, so it's hard to get into anything major right now. I do have a Maggie Osborne book winking at me though....

1 comment:

Selena Illyria said...

I loved all three episodes and I totally agree. I wanted to hug him. Same Chuck just a bit more grown up and I love it.