Thursday, January 21, 2010

SUPERNATURAL, 1/21/10

I consider a return to SUPERNATURAL to be my final, belated Christmas present.

Water cooler chatter...go!

* Have I ever mentioned how much I love a good asylum story? Especially if it’s about an abandoned asylum. (Attention SESSION 9 fans!)

* Oh, great—a monster that comes through the vents. I’m totally going to sleep well tonight.

* LOL for Sam and Dean telling the utter truth and it’s enough to get them checked in to the asylum.

* Laslo!!! (Okay, to get that reference, you must watch REAL GENIUS. Early Val Kilmer, all awesome. Queue it up!)

* Hah for the co-dependent brother observation. Maybe the Winchesters will finally get some much-needed therapy.

* Ted = sooooo the next victim

* “I want him now. He’s larger.”

* “Hotel California.” The very title makes me shudder. Every time that song used to come on when I was a kid, I’d freak out. I think it has something to do with the “They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can’t…kill, the, beast” part. Naturally, now I love that song.

* “You always were a happy drunk,” Dean says to Sam. But do you guys recall that episode where they went to that old B&B (the one with the ghost girl) and Sam got really ugly drunk? He was barfing and spouting off weird crap that kind of scared Dean, as I remember. That wasn’t happy.

* Those wraiths look like they stuck their faces on a McDonald’s burger fryer.

* Best way to get to Sam? Call him a freak. Mr. “I Only Want To Be Normal” will go off on that.

* Oooo, nasty, brain-fluid-licking, too-perky nurse. Get her, Laslo.

* Once again, Sam is strapped down. This has gone beyond coincidence. I think one or all of the writers has some very interesting issues, and I look forward to a thorough explanation.

Next week: Sam's Freaky Friday!

3 comments:

Mardel said...

Yeah! I finally caught a new episode. It was pretty entertaining!

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, Mardel! Next week should be fun. :)

Mardel said...

I'm having fun watching this series - when I remember it's on. Thankfully I've caught the last two. Before that evertime I remembered, it was the same episode I'd already seen. Which is weird because I've only seen like three episodes. :)