Monday, April 11, 2011

Romantic Times Rundown

Whoo--has it really been that long since I've been to a conference?

I feel like I packed a month's worth of information and networking into less than a week, LOL. Fun was had, and I've got enough to mull over now to keep my head exploding for the next month!

On Tuesday, before RT even officially started, Judy Duarte and I did a workshop about dialogue for the pre-pub program. Wednesday was pretty much "marketing day" for me, as I sat in on a couple of panels that addressed this issue. (Does anyone else out there feel as if they're always going to be behind in marketing, even if you're caught up?) Thursday was reader event day, and if I had the privilege of meeting you at the Harlequin bash, Club RT, or the COS event, I just want to say thank you for introducing yourself! The same goes for the book signing, where may lovely friends stopped by not only to buy books, but to chat. You guys make my days! And when I get feedback about the books or how Amazon has the wrong pen name up for Bloodlands or *any* type of information you can share, I'm truly grateful.

Right now, I've got about 20 business cards with notes written on them ("Met in the graphic novel workshop," "send bookmarks," "fellow urban fantasy author"--and those are the legible notes!), and I'm going to be following up on those contacts within the next week. Lots to do, along with two line edits, a revision, and *major* thinking about self e-pubbing and how I fit into that new wave....

No comments: