Friday, May 20, 2011

Whatcha Readin'? 5/20/11

I finished my last round of books, so here I am diving into another!

- Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook, Pasta-Maker, and Apprentice to a Dante-Quoting Butcher in Tuscany by Bill Buford
I just started this one on audio. You guys know how much I love foodie books, and the author has a great sense of humor, so I Like.

- 1776 by David McCullough
Another audio. Actually, this is a research book for me, since it has to do with background building and characterization for a new paranormal project I'm working on. (I'll be writing the chapters as soon as I finish a revision for a Special Edition, and I've been dying to write something for this project!)

- Turning Japanese by Cathy Yardley
Cathy is a friend of mine, and I lovelovelove her books. Somewhere along the line, we discovered that we had both written a story about girls who aspired to be comic book pencilers, although her heroine was pursuing manga. This is Cathy's published book, and it takes place mostly in Japan. Very fun fish-out-of-water story with the usual deft Yardley comic touch.

I'd love to hear what you guys are into right now...

2 comments:

Selena Illyria said...

I'm reading Game of Thrones.

Chris Marie Green/Christine Cody/Crystal Green said...

Cool! I was thinking of starting the series, but I want to wait until the first season ends on HBO....