Monday, August 27, 2012

Formatting Camp for GothicScapes

So Nancy, Linda, and I survived our formatting camp!

You guys, I never knew it was such work to format.  I mean, all this time with print pub, I've been just writing my books, making sure there are no egregious mistakes in them, and sending them off to New York where, POOF!, magic happens.  I've never had to deal with spaces at the ends of paragraphs and junk like that.  Something I learned during formatting camp (BESIDES *EVERYTHING*?): I need to start getting used to italicizing instead of underlining, as New York has us do with words and thoughts that need to be emphasized.

Let's not even talk about what to do with ellipses!

During lunch, Linda, Nancy, and I talked about price points and some promo.  We decided that we're going to spring our beautiful UNDEAD FOR A DAY cover on the world in mid-September.  And we talked about going to the Romantic Times convention since we'll be on two panels together.  (I'll also be at the Harlequin Reader event and Club RT, so I hope you'll look me up if you're going in 2013!)

Within the next couple of days, Linda, who has been working her butt off with "the book work," will be putting the manuscript together, then sending it off to Formatting Guy, who lives in England.  I'm just dying to see the final product.  We even put together a "Coming Soon" page that's going to be at the end of the book, complete with teasers about what you can expect from our second GothicScapes release, STRANGE SPIRITS in December!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be finish of mine day, except before ending I am reading this fantastic piece of writing to improve my know-how.
My web page - Yellow Sapphire Gemstone