Friday, July 10, 2015

Comic-Con, Friday

Today was opposite day at the Con. Whereas yesterday was all about doing the most popular things possible (Hall H, peoples!), today was about just kicking around the exhibit floor, mostly in the spaces where smaller artists hang out. I had two younguns with me, so I didn't even get to drop by *my* booths to say hi to those I know!

One member of our party bought a righteous fake sword at a "weapons" booth, so that was major. The second was on a serious search for the Hannah Lynn booth: she's an artist who creates gorgeous renditions of everything from mermaids to ballerinas. In other worlds, every girl would love Hannah's work! (Including me. )

Of course, no trip to the Con would be complete without attending the TEEN TITANS GO! panel. Always hilarious. Then we decided to see what was going on outside of the convention center, in the "interactive zone" by Petco Park. You don't need a badge to go in here, so if you want to get a taste of the Con, you can visit for free.

Warner Brothers had a big presence with SCREAM QUEENS (which gave us free strawberry "blood" ice cream--and it was good!--and took pix of us looking horrified). 91X, the alt radio station that provided the soundtrack to my younger years, was there, along with the PEANUTS MOVIE and food trucks. It was actually more pleasant than the Con exhibit floor, which is always so crowded that you find yourself almost eating the hair of the person in front of you.

Hmm--it doesn't sound like we did much, but we did. Honest. And I'm absolutely sleep-hammered now...

No comments: